Job Location: Canyon Park, Bothell, WA
Full time, permanent
Known for innovative designs and product features that promote healthy foot development, See Kai Run is a fast-growing designer and distributor of infant, toddler and children’s shoes in the United States and select international markets. Selling under the See Kai Run® brand name the company has developed a strong brand positioning in independent boutiques and high-end department stores. The company is entering a stage of high growth driven by significant category expansion.
About the role:
We are currently looking for an experienced accountant to own accounts receivable, accounts payable, and assist in the monthly close process at See Kai Run. Organization, attention to detail, and communication are critical to the success of this role. This position reports to the Controller.
Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day activities around accounts receivable, including (but not limited to) applying cash receipts, processing credit memos, assisting customers with requests, opening new accounts, credit checks, etc.;
- Day to day activities around accounts payable, including (but not limited to, coding and entering invoices, preparing check runs, managing vendor records and W-9s, etc.;
- Daily reporting to financial institutions;
- Day to day banking activities (wire payments, cash deposits, pulling statements, etc.);
- Collecting and summarizing employee timesheets, expenses, and reimbursements for bi-weekly payrolls, and communicating with managers on discrepancies, etc.;
- Own the calculation of commissions payable and communication of statements to the VP of Sales and sales representatives;
- Support the month-end close process by preparing journal entries, and reconciling general ledger accounts;
- Preparing and filing monthly state sales tax returns, preparing and filing quarterly L&I returns, preparing and filing annual 1099s;
- Support the annual financial statement audit, as well as the bi-annual bank audits, providing necessary documentation and support;
- Participating in cross functional projects to drive improvements in related processes;
- Supporting departmental and business leaders by providing accurate information and analysis, often on an ad hoc basis;
- Ensuring that process documentation is kept current.
Skills and Qualifications should include:
- AR and/or AP experience.
- Accounting degree or experience.
- Proficient with spreadsheet data manipulation.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative and customer-service work style.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
Please send resumé and cover letter to email@example.com